- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
• Almonds: seeds
• Apple cores
• Lily of the valley: the entire plant
• Apricot: pit
• Lilies, all kinds and colors
• Avocado: pit
• Lobelia: leaves-stems-fruit
• Cherry: seeds
• Indian tobacco
• Wild cherry
• Macadamia nut
• Chocolate * Very Toxic*
• Marijuana: leaves-flowers-seeds
• Christmas Rose: the entire plant
• Mistletoe: the entire plant
• Lenten rose
• Mock Orange: fruit
• Skunk Cabbage
• Morning glory: seeds
• Clematis: the entire plant
• Crown of thorns: leaves, stems and sap
• Daphne: the entire plant *Very Poisonous*
• Oleander: the entire plant/roots
• Delphinium: the entire plant
• Peach: pit/seeds
• Pear Balsam: seeds/fruit
• Dieffenbachia: the entire plant
• Philodendron: the entire plant/roots
• Dumb Cane
• All kinds of philodendron
• Mother-in-law’s tongue
• Periwinkle: the entire plant *Very Poisonous*
• Foxglove: the entire plant, * Very Poisonous*
• Pittosporum: the entire plant *Very poisonous*
• Poppy: seeds/oil
• Primrose: leaves-stems
• Holly: leaves-berries
• Privet: leaves-berries
• All kinds of Hollies
• Rhubarb: leaves blades
• Hydrangea: the entire plant
• Tobacco: the entire plant
• Ivy: the entire plant
• Tomato: all the non-fruit part
• All kind of Ivies
• Jasmine: fruit-leaves-sap
• Amaryllis Lantana: the entire plant
• Rhododendron: the entire plant
*The BULBS from these plants are very poisonous:
Java beans, Jessamine, Crocus, Daffodils, Azaleas, Hyacinth, Laurel, Narcissus, Snowdrop
This is a partial list of the more common poisonous plants. You can obtain a complete list from the University of California Cooperative Extension office and ask for publication 21564.
In case of an emergency or if you need an immediate answer about a specific plant or toxin that is not on this list, please call us 408-739-2688 or the Poison Control Center at 1-800-662-9886.
Special Welcome Offer To New Clients SAVE 15% off Veterinary Exam
Applies to pet exam fee for first-time clients. Call us at (408) 739-2688 to schedule an appointment.
We Support Humane Society and Rescue Group Adoptions
COURTESY (free) Health Exam Tuesday - Friday (by appointment only)
Available to adopted pets from Silicon Valley Humane Society or 501c Rescue Groups within 14 days of adoption.
Adoption documents required for courtesy exam.
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
|Monday||7:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM||6:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM||4:00 PM|
|7:30 AM||7:30 AM||7:30 AM||7:30 AM||7:30 AM||8:30 AM||Closed|
|6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||6:00 PM||4:00 PM||Closed|
I moved to the Bay Area with my cat, Buddy, in the Summer of 2015. After going to the same veterinarian for nearly my entire life, I was very anxious about finding a new vet which I could trust to take care of my cat. The vet staff at Pet's Friend Animal Clinic are wonderful! I have now taken Buddy here twice, both times to see Dr. Allison Moore. You can tell that she, and the rest of the staff, truly care about you and your animal. I'm very relieved to have found this exceptional clinic, and I plan to continue taking my cat here for the foreseeable future!
We have been taking our doggie girls to Pet's Friends since they opened. Although there have been many changes over the years, the loving care they have given our dogs, myself, and wife has always been consistent. That's because you can tell they love animals and want to help them live a long, happy, and healthy life. The Doctors are special - they take time to explain medical process, explain options to us, and really listen to our concerns. The Pet's Friends' staff treats us like family. The staff provides more than just administrative and technical support to the Doctors - they provide a professional atmosphere of confidence while making everyone feel at home. I would not hesitate recommending them to my friends.